Sunday 20 November 2011

An old favourite.

This is one I just have to share. Since I can remember, my mum has baked cinnamon teacake for my sister and I as an after school treat, or when my grandmother came to visit.


Its so simple, light and delicious, and reminds me of mum (and home) when it comes out of the oven and the aroma fills the house.


Generally I would make the cake in a round or log tin, but i mistakenly bought one that was far too big and would leave my cake looking like a pancake! therefore, these little three bight muffins have done the job just as well!

Cinnamon Teacake
 
Ingredients
60g butter
½ cup castor sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup milk
15g butter, extra
1 tablespoon castor sugar, extra
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Method
Have butter and egg at room temperature.
1. Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until light and creamy.
2. Stir in sifted flour and milk, beat lightly until smooth.
3. Spread mixture into well-greased 20 cm sandwich tin, bake in moderate oven 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Turn onto wire rack, sprinkle with combined extra melted butter, sprinkle with combined extra sugar and cinnamon.
Serve warm with butter.
 





1 comment:

  1. Cinnamon is amazing. These look so yummy, really light and fluffy! SUch a delicious food memory :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete