Sunday 1 January 2012

Christmas lunch

I had a very quick trip home to Adelaide this year. Because I had to fly home Christmas Day afternoon (to work the dreaded boxing day sales), we had family Christmas lunch instead of dinner this year which was a very pleasant change up! I dont think anything beats food on Christmas. Its such a happy time and everything just seems to taste so much better!

We started our day with cups of tea and present giving, followed by our breakfast tradition of english muffins with baby spinach leaves, smoked salmon and creamy scrambled eggs. SO DELICIOUS! I was obviously so eager to eat that it didnt cross my mind to take a photo!

Christmas lunch Linda (my mum) style!

Modern prawn cocktail: lettuce and avocado with barbequed prawns, a dollop of cocktail scauce and a squeeze of lemon.

Probably one of my favourite foods ever: mum's baked ham with lime jam glaze.

My first experience with duck fat potatoes. They came with a truck load of guilt, but it was Christmas Day after all and they were just SO good. And the delicious baby baked carrots - also worth a mention!

Lunch is served! :)

I had to run to the airport soon after I had consumed the above and them some more; so no dessert for me.


1 comment:

  1. yay for duck fat potatoes! looks lovely. I love hearing everyone's christmas breakfast traditions too :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete